Monday, October 01, 2007

Camel Cast

James Strachan has a Camel Cast.

Ed (co-worker) and I messed with it a bit a couple weeks ago. It is approachable for newbies in that it is just code. I haven't really gotten that excited about the whole DSL thing, but an Enterprise Integration Patterns DSL sounds nice.

When Ed and I messed with it, it seemed young, but headed in a good direction. There is a lot to be said for simple - just download a jar file or 2 vs. adopting a whole platform. I know for a fact that there are a lot of people out there that would like to stop writing this type of code, but either can't or don't want to adopt a whole platform to do it.

It loks like the Camel docs might be getting rev'd a bit. I particularly liked seeing links to unit tests in the docs.

Good docs rock. Matt Asay says it results in more sales for open products.

No comments: