Sunday, June 24, 2007

Open Source Software - Sales Guy Bell Weather?

You can say a lot about enterprise software sales guys (I happen to like them), but one thing is for sure - they know where the money is at.

This is by no means a statistically significant sample, but I know a lot of these guys (mostly from college) and many of them either just got out or are trying to get out of this business. At least the traditional commercial proprietary business.

They all want to get into either SaaS companies or commercial open source companies.

I think this is pretty significant.

I am on the software buying side these days. I know how hard the commercial proprietary business was, is, and how much harder it is going to become in the coming years.

If the guys who know where the money are at understand this and are shifting to companies outside of commercial proprietary what does that say?

No comments: