Web application developer(s) to join an all-star team building a high quality, commercial open source, platform neutral, public health application utilizing state-of-the-art FOSS tools. This is an opportunity for a self-starting individual to participate in a ground-breaking effort that combines non-technical subject matter experts with skilled professional developers in a major, well-funded, open source community and project.
Reports to: Project Program Manager
* Compensation: Salary & Benefits or Contract
* Location: North America work from home (if out of Portland, OR) with occasional US travel
* Develop high quality test cases and application code
* Contribute to release planning, iteration planning, and retrospectives
* Communicate clearly via strong oral and written communication skills
* Testing frameworks
* Relational databases (Postgres experience preferred)
* RESTful Web Services
* Java GUI / Java Web Start / Eclipse RCP
* Systems integration
* Open Source Software Development Best Practices
* Lean Software Development / Agile
* Test Driven Development
Update 11-DEC-2007 I got several questions on preference of Ruby vs. Python. Ruby is the preference. To make that clear I removed Python and Jython. Sorry for the confusion. I also added systems integration as there will be a fair amount of that as well.