Monday, July 02, 2007

Distributed SCM

I have been reading about Mercurial on blogs for over a year.

I saw this on Dan Creswell's delicious.

Good stuff - I have lived similar pain - who hasn't. Anyhoo, I want to try it - I want to do a million other things, but I just can't work any harder w/o snapping! I wish there were more hours in the day, I must find more ways to get more done.

Anyhoo, this link sucked me into Rockstarprogrammer blog. Nice blog and what not.

Hey look, it isn't just me, Hibernate is hard. Rockstar dude (Dustin) explains it exactly. But it is too late, his project is likely over committed to it and he'll just have to fight to the death on the next project to avoid it.

As if you didn't know, I think OR tools are awful. I think they open Pandoras Box on anything but simple projects. You want a cache? Get a cache! You want object to relational? Suck it up and write SQL. Don't mix these concerns.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One of the things I like about reading this blog is it makes my technical problems seem not so painful in comparison. I only have ten-year-old spaghetti code plaguing me. ;)