Monday, July 24, 2006

OSCON Day 1

Busy day.

I was at the office at 7:30 AM PST for a ccall and then at OSCON for Businesses Partnering with Open Source Communities: Opportunities, Perils, and Pitfalls at 8:30 AM.

It was pretty good. Didn't tell me anything I didn't really already know, but good reinforcement and looks like the handouts have some good articles I have not read.

It reinforced my belief that industry and acadamia need each other. The presenter, James Howison is doing his doctorate on OSS communities.

After OSCON, I walked to the office and ripped some meetings. For dinner, I hit Portland City Grill for dinner with friends. It was absolutely delightful. We had a wicked view of Mt. Hood and the food was ridiculous.

Looking forward to the Executive Briefing tomorrow.

No comments: