Friday, September 07, 2007

Fixed

Matt Asay writes about a case against a SI (actually my first employer - it was called Andersen Consulting then):

[T]he U.S. Department of Justice is suing Accenture for allegedly receiving kickback-like payments from technology suppliers it recommended and/or implemented at DOJ. The alleged fraud was a collusion with big-name IT suppliers (e.g., HP, Sun) and smaller vendors (e.g., Vignette) to defraud the Government.

IT land is a very interesting place. It never ceases to amaze me. There is very interesting behavior in this market. There are all sorts of vendors all chasing the same Fortune 500 - 2000. There is tons of money, yet there is none. Everything is easy, yet everything is impossible. To survive/thrive in IT you need to develop many different types of skills. You must, however, maintain your integrity above all else.

Note: Obviously I have no idea if there is any merit to this case. All of the people I worked with and Andersen Consulting had heaps of integrity. I just felt the desire to beat the integrity drum today and saw this and leapt on it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A dozen or more years ago I worked along side hordes of Androids. I don't know whether or not they had integrity, but you're the first one I like. ;)

Anonymous said...

He step up on me!